- Managing out of control data growth, particularly relating to unstructured data
- Many studies show that up to 80 percent of business-relevant information originates in this form and typically consists of two basic categories:
- Textual Objects such as Office documents, e-mails and spreadsheets
- Bitmap Objects inherently non-language based, such as image, video or audio files.
- Client behaviour generally results in data rarely being deleted; often just moved through manual processes.
- Compliance is also extending the required data retention times.
Typically delivers > 60% saving in primary storage
Simple Data Collection, No agents or software installation – simply run a Command Line Utility to create a compressed output file.
- Detailed categorisation of all files
- File distribution analysis
- Analysis of duplication and compression
- Access and modification profile
- Ownership and attributes profile
- Strategic analysis and ‘quick wins’
- Analysis of benefits as they relate to:
- Data Protection
- Storage Management
- Document Management
File Analysis Service – Case Study
80% saving in Primary Storage and Full Backup data volumes